

Agenda Student Council Pharmacy (SCP/STOF-) meeting

Date and time: May 6th from 16:00h till 17:00h

Location: Online

Attendees: Evelien Dijkstra, Julie Van Geenhoven, Bram Kottink, Lotte Hulskotte, Wyona van de Poel, Daan Boellen, Fabienne de Vries, Sybrand Zielhuis, Anieke Hofhuis, Annabel van den Bosch, Anneloes Wonink, Edgard Weening, Eoin Raftery, Esra Polat, Fleur Nijdam, Herman Woerdenbag, Joost Mulder, Lisette Klein, Maarten Slief, Nienke Mones, Sina Nikbakht, S.K. Timmer, Mirjam van Timmeren, Monique Meis, Charlotte van den Herik.

1. Opening

Evelien Dijkstra opens the meeting at 16:01.

2. Setting the agenda

No changes have been made.

3. Minutes of SCP-meeting held on February 9th

Lotte Hulskotte: You wanted to go visit the lectures to introduce yourselves (as SCP-committee), can people find you easier now? Evelien Dijkstra: We do not have a clear picture of this, but we received some emails that could indicate that people can find us easier now.

4. Announcements of the SCP

a. Educational Afternoon

On Wednesday the 12th of May the Educational Afternoon will take place. We have three speakers about the subject sustainability, signing up is still possible. The link for signing up for students: psgroningen.nl/agenda/46829-educational-afternoon. Teachers can sign up via docs.google.com/forms/d/1uOMQQTfMxCx8aLs0DTXWDqsCJj-X0EMlwzJzAlqtns/edit.

b. Teacher of the Year election

The Teacher-of-the-year award will be announced as well. Voting can take place via this link: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScWRVMrVuJwk-u5ESkh0LqhNBtWvOUAutG9KWGwFXmGGO8p2Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

5. Announcements of the Year Representatives

a. Pharmacy Year 1

Wyona van de Poel: There were three complaints in the first year. The first one is about the professor of molecules and reactivity not giving any possibility to review the exams and not answering our emails. Another point is the lack of information about the resit. This has been discussed with Herman Woerdenbag and SCP. The second complaint is the workload with pharmaceutical analysis, breaks were sometimes skipped because of the lack of time and days were long. The students would advise the teacher to organise this in a different way next year and possibly record the lectures. The final complaint is that ARCS, Pathology and Human Physiology were at the same time. This resulted in problems with the planning and stress, among other things with the resit. Herman Woerdenbag: I will contact Jaap Broos about the resits, he promised before Easter that the students would have the ability to look into their exams, apparently this has not been done. I will contact him again. About pharmaceutical analysis, was Sabeth Verpoorte contacted about this? Wyona van de Poel: Yes, she was contacted but this email did not go answered. We spoke to her during a Q&A, here she said that she agreed that this subject has a high workload, but they did not see a possibility to plan it in another way. The

lectures have been made available to rewatch, this helps somewhat with the pressure. Herman Woerdenbag: To get back on mathematics and statistics, the complaints have been heard earlier. Christopher Aberg will be contacted to organise this subject next year, as he has a background in mathematics and physics and knows how to apply it in the pharmaceutical field. Roel Verstappen said that they are attracting a new assistant professor (tenure track) with an education profile. He will focus on surface teaching of mathematics. Also, two teachers will be asked next year for mathematics and statistics, Wim Krijnen, to improve the quality of the subject next year. Wyona van de Poel: I hope that the students next year will have a better experience.

b. Pharmacy Year 2

Sina Nikbakht: No announcements to be made.

c. Pharmacy Year 3

Anieke Hofhuis: No announcements to be made. Esra Polat: There was a complaint about organic chemistry practical. We have sent this mail to a whole bunch of people about miscommunications during this subject. We were curious if any actions had been undertaken in the meantime. Evelien Dijkstra: We have seen this mail, we have discussed this with Herman Woerdenbag a few months ago. We did not have contact about the resit. Esra Polat: We really need a resit, because we are with quite a large group that needs a third resit. We were wondering if we could join the current organic chemistry course exam.

Herman Woerdenbag: That is a point for the board of examiners, I will underpin why this is important. I will discuss this with Nienke Schuiling. I will also contact Adriaan Minaard about this.

Esra Polat: We hope to hear from you soon, the exam will be in 2-3 weeks already.

Herman Woerdenbag: I will try my best and ask the board of examiners to prioritize this. The academic advisors also said that this was quite a unique situation.

Lisette Klein: Do not count on the exams in 2-3 weeks but on the re-exam at the end of June or the beginning of July. In this way the board of examiners can discuss this.

Esra Polat: We prefer to take the exam in 2-3 weeks and think this is possible if the planning is arranged.

Herman Woerdenbag: We have to wait for the reaction of the board of examiners. Did they receive the letter you wrote? Esra Polat: Yes.

Evelien Dijkstra: We hope this gets sorted out soon.

d. Pharmacy Year 4

Evelien Dijkstra: We received an email from Edgard Weening about the low presence of students during the Farmacotherapie course. Have you seen this same problem Herman? Herman Woerdenbag: I had contact with Wouter and I heard that the presence was quite low, but I have not seen this in my own course (product care).

Evelien Dijkstra: It could be that everybody is fed up with online teaching or that this is the final period of the year? Herman Woerdenbag: I can imagine that everybody is fed up with online teaching.

Sina Nikbakht: I have heard from friends that the schedule for each subject was put online quite late, this could cause planning with the students. Also, some students rewatch the lectures because they know that it gets recorded anyways.

Herman Woerdenbag: This could indeed be the cause, but on the other side, this is a full-time study.

Edgard Weening: In the case of pharmacotherapy, the schedule was online in February already so this was not the case here.

My concern is mainly about the tutorials, these are questions in a live situation similar to the exam situation. A lot of students were absent and Edgard thinks that this absence can be decreased by stimulating students to come online by stopping recording the lectures.

Daan Boellen: I agree with Edgard and I heard from friends that they were behind schedule when it comes to the material

needed to take the interactive lectures, that could be why they choose to skip the lectures. Edgard Weening: That is a shame, it doesn't matter if the answer is wrong or right in this case. If this is the case, that would be a pity. The main goal of these tutorials is to simulate the situation which takes place in the exams. Evelien Dijkstra: I discussed this with friends, they noticed that students were mainly busy with reaching deadlines instead of taking the tutorials. Anneloes Woning: I did this course last semester and the tutorials helped me greatly. It doesn't really matter if you do not know all the material yet. Daan Boellen: It could be an idea to make these tutorials obligatory. Students do not see that these lectures are advantageous to them. Edgard Weening: I will take this into consideration. We need to announce it at the start of the course, so this is not possible for this year. A good start could be to stop recording the lectures to motivate students to attend the lectures live. Wyona van de Poel: During pharmaceutical analysis the recordings are not saved, but there are a lot of complaints about this. At the faculty of law, the lectures are put online with a huge delay, so that they are put online 3-4 days before the exam. This could be an idea for Pharmacy as well.

Daan Boellen: I got a complaint about stage AO, there was a group of about 30 students who got priority with choosing the pharmacies. The pharmacies that were left were much harder to reach for the students and were not near Groningen, this was seen as unfair. Edgard Weening: This is quite complicated, this was done on advice of the study coordinator. Students had to be given priority due to programme requirements due to them entering the final year of the master. Nevertheless, we have placed 53 students placed in pharmacies, which is a new record (normally there are 30). Considering this huge waiting list, we did the best we can. I am aware that we cannot please everybody and this was a procedure which we had to follow. I will discuss this with Lidia and Anja if this can be improved next time. Daan Boellen: Everybody understands that this is complicated. I want to compliment you on the amount of effort you put in to place all the students, but I think that prioritising some students is unfair.

e. Pharmacy Year 5

Sybrand Zielhuis: No complaints to add.

f. Pharmacy Year 6

Evelien Dijkstra: We received an email about stage P and stage Z, stage P was extended for 1 week due to the holidays, this was not the case for stage Z. We emailed this to Yael. Lisette Klein: Yael is on holiday now, I have not heard about this problem. Edgard Weening: Was it scheduled as it should have been at the start of the year? Because we have to follow the schedule that is made at that time. Evelien Dijkstra: Lilly said that stage P was one week longer then stage Z, this was not communicated well. This is the case for the internships that started this week. Edgard Weening: I will ask Nienke and Yael why this is. Evelien Dijkstra: I think this cannot be fixed for this year, but this should be taken into consideration next year. Edgard Weening: I will take it to Nienke and Yael.

g. MPS Year 1

Fleur Nijdam: Nothing to mention, students are rounding off their research project.

h. MPS Year 2

Evelien Dijkstra: No comments to be made.

6. Announcements of the departments

a. Program Committee (Opleidingscommissie)

Joost Mulder: Last week there was a programme committee meeting, all four points were approved with an A+. We are quite proud of that and hope this will continue next time.

- b. Advisory Council (Raad van Advies)
Lotte Hulskotte: The last meeting was at the end of April, the main point was that external activities will be integrated into ARCS from next year on. There will be an overview of these activities.
 - c. Cluster Board Pharmacy
Herman Woerdenbag: We have a meeting next week, we have some vacancies in teaching due to the increased inflow of students. We are preparing to increase the capacity together with the “Ruggensteun” programme. This should be applied by September.
 - d. Faculty Council
Joost Mulder: The Faculty Council is preparing for the meeting with the board, we will discuss the EER (OER) and the “Ruggensteun” programme. We think the latter was announced too late but have to be satisfied with this for the moment.
 - e. (Faculty Board)
 - f. University Council
Eoin Raftery: I have three updates, the first is the “Ruggensteun” programme. We share the frustrations that this was only announced in February and think this could be used earlier on. This programme will mean that 25.8 million euros will be put towards more capacity and in combination with the other workload programmes can alleviate some of the issues currently going on. Within this programme, 7 million euros will be added towards study support as well. Another point is that the Ombuds position function has been approved. First this position was not available for students, after lobbying for this, this was changed. We think this position is quite under resourced as the moment. We are monitoring this programme. The final announcement is that the election will take place in 2 weeks, the University will inform students soon about the voting options. It is important to vote this year, in particular for next year because some long-term decisions have to be made.
 - g. Bètastuf
Eoin Raftery: We have decided that the organisational structure will change, each function in Bètastuf will get a more coordinating/ facilitating role instead of the more traditional functions. Someone who will be available for the study associations, someone for the Cluster Boards, someone who will look into the co governance and someone who is the interfaculty coordinator. The hope is that with this change, Bètastuf will be defined on a more structural level.
7. Table round
Herman Woerdenbag: I would like to thank Evelien, Julie and Bram for all the work this year. I think this is the last SCP-meeting that they will organise, good luck with your study.
Evelien Dijkstra: Thank you Herman
Lotte Hulskotte: I was about to say the same thing. I would like to thank you all for all the work you did. I would recommend that everybody join the educational afternoon next week!
8. Closing
Evelien Dijkstra closes the meeting at 16:52.